Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Movie Night


It is so hard to buy presents for grandparents. They usually have everything they need already and might even be downsizing. So this year, we are teaming up with my husband's siblings to give his grandparents a movie night.

I got the tub of microwave popcorn from Blockbuster along with a $10 gift card (enough for 2 movies). Then we picked up some boxed candy at Wal-Mart to round out the offering. I think it came together pretty well.

For the actual movie night, we're planning to have the grandchildren act as ushers and we'll rent some classic movies like Breakfast at Tiffany's or something. I'm not really sure about that part because I was just in charge of the invitation. I had grand plans for this card, but in the end I ran out of time so I did a simplified CASE of Mary Brown's super cute card.

I used the ticket corner punch to make the sentiment resemble a movie ticket.

Stamps: Treat Yourself, Sincere Salutations
Ink: Basic Black, Yoyo Yellow Marker, Real Red Marker
Card stock: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Brilliant Blue
Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, Aquapainter


Happy Holidays to all of you! This will probably be my last post before the new year.

No comments: