Monday, December 11, 2006

Veronika


I made this frame for my co-worker's daughter. They are Russian, so the spelling of her name is a little different. That's the great thing about making name frames. Anything goes! It would probably be really hard to find something with her name on it in this country.

I just love the new Big Things stamp set from the winter mini catalog. It coordinates so well with Little Things from the Idea Book & Catalog.

The frame is from Wal-Mart. I used craft ink for everything so it won't fade over time. And for a little extra glitz, I embossed the big things with iridescent ice embossing powder. When I was all done, I thought the E was blending in a little too much, so I used the paper piercer to punch holes all around the edges and then connected them with a black Stampin' Write Journaler to make it look hand stitched.

If you're in my neck of the woods, check out my name frame class in February. I'll do all the cutting and shopping and all you have to do is stamp. The frame is included in my class fee.

Stamps: Headline Alphabet, Big Pieces, Little Things, Label Classics, Paisley, Linen, Canvas
Ink: Basic Black, Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, Regal Rose (all Craft ink)
Cardstock: Whisper White,
Barely Banana, Regal Rose
Accessories: Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, Basic Black Stampin' Write Journaler
Tools: Crafter's Toolkit, Snail Adhesive, Heat Tool, Powder Pal

No comments: