Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Sporty Frame

In November, my younger cousin and his girlfriend had a baby. He's 4 years younger than me, so his being a father is a little weird. Anyway, he's always been a big sports fan and the baby's nursery is all decked out with Patriots and Red Sox gear. So, obviously his name frame needed to be a little over the top. I think this fits the bill nicely.

I stamped the baseball, basketball, football and soccer ball from the Good Sport stamp set all over a piece of whisper white card stock to make my own sporty patterned paper. Once again, I used craft ink for everything so that it won't fade over time. To color in the balls, I used an aquapainter and my Watercolor Wonder crayons. I had to use a really light touch with the aquapainter to keep the white card stock from pilling.

Since the background paper is pretty busy, I toned down the letters a little by only using 3 patterns. I love stamping images over the fabric textured background stamps. For this frame, I used the cute little stars from the Starstruck stamp set to tie into my sports theme.

Finally, I embossed the letters themselves in black embossing powder because I found that the white craft ink in the background was bleeding through the black craft ink. Embossing did the trick though and I think it makes the final product look pretty slick.

Stamps: Headline Alphabet, Good Sport, Just Jeans, Houndstooth, Canvas, Starstruck
Ink: Basic Black, Whisper White, Brilliant Blue (all Craft ink)
Card stock: Whisper White,
Brilliant Blue, Real Red, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Basic Black Embossing Powder
Tools: Snail Adhesive, Heat Tool, Powder Pal, Aquapainter

Just a note, the Good Sport, Houndstooth and Just Jeans stamps are all retired. :(

No comments: