Saturday, March 17, 2007

Sparkly Doodles

It has been a while since I've pulled out the Pearl Ex. I love the look, but I don't always feel like cleaning up the shimmery mess that results in my stamp room.

But, I am going to be swapping with a very special group of stampers next weekend and I figured if they weren't worth it, then who is? So, I started by stamping the smaller doodle randomly in VersaMark ink all over my regal rose card stock. Then I dabbed my paint brush in the Flamingo Pink Pearl Ex and little tapped it all over the stamped doodles. For a great tutorial check out Poppin' Pearls on splitcoast stampers.

After I had my shimmering background, I decided to use this week's sketch challenge to finish off my card. I don't think I've ever done a sketch challenge on time, so this is great progress! This is sketch 115.

Of course, the card is much more sparkly in person. The scanner doesn't really pick up on it at all.

Stamps: Doodle This, All Year Cheer II
Ink: VersaMark, Regal Rose, So Saffron, Palette Noir Black
Card stock: Shimmery White, Regal Rose, Basic Black
Accessories: Pop-up glue dot, Pearl Ex Assortment III
Tools: Round Tab Punch, Aquapainter, Stapler, Paint Brush

No comments: