Monday, March 19, 2007

Designer Purse


It's all Debbie Olson's fault really. I didn't originally order Polka Dots & Petals from the Spring Mini catalog because I thought I didn't really need another circle stamp set. But, when I saw this cute card by Debbie I just had to have it. Combine Debbie's card, the last week's color challenge and Julie Ebersole's awesome purse template and you get something like this.

You need to be a Stampin' Up! demonstrator to access Julie's pattern. If you aren't a demonstrator, ask your demonstrator to show you how to make it.

I was inspired by the colorful purses that seem to be in style now by Dooney & Bourke, Louis Vuitton and Coach. I figure if you can't own a $1000 purse, you can at least make colorful purse cards!

The monogram has been covered in crystal effects to make it look more like an insignia. Inside is "Happy Birthday" from cheery chat. This would be especially cute with a gift card inside.

Stamps: Polka Dots & Petals, Alphadots
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery, Cool Carri bean
Card stock: Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: Celery Grosgrain, Crystal Effects
Tools: Paper Piercer, 1/8" circle hole punch, 3/4" circle punch, Coluzzle, Signo White Gel Pen
Color Combo Challenge 103