Monday, March 26, 2007

Receipts Box

Wow! I just got home from a fabulous 4-day weekend spent stamping with 18 of my closest friends. :) We swapped, ate, shoebox swapped, ate, stamped, ate, laughed, ate -- you get the picture!

I shared most of my swaps for this trip last week, but I saved my 3-d swap for last. Here's the before picture:

And the after picture:


I got this idea from my fellow Connecticut stamper, Cathy. The little boxes were $1 each at target in the office supply section. I adhered the designer paper to the boxes with Royal Coat Decoupage Finish. It's like Mod Podge. I thought it would be cute to keep in my car or purse to organize business receipts until I had a chance to file them at home. The word Receipts was printed in the SU Harry Paul font from one of the font cds. Then I used the two oval punches to punch out the word and its layer. I finished them off with a little ribbon, just like Cathy did.

For the inside, I used the new Stampin' Up! rounded tab punch from the Spring Mini Catalog to cover the original tabs and make things a little more colorful.

I'll try to put a tutorial together with all the measurements this week. Be a little patient with me though! I'm really tired from my crazy stamping weekend and I have a pile of laundry to get through!

Here's a bunch of close-ups. Click on the pictures to see a larger view.

No comments: