Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bella Sketch Challenge

This week's challenge on the Stamping Bella forums was a sketch from Jamie. BSC78 to be exact.

I really wanted to use the LoveBeetle Huggabugg, so even though it made my panel a little shorter than the sketch, I went with it. I pulled my colors from this awesome paper from October Afternoon Detours collection. You'll be seeing some of this paper again this week for Bellariffic Friday. ;)

The sentiment came with Lovey Huggabug, but I thought it was too perfect for this little "bug" car.

I used copics to color in the image. Then I applied crystal effects to the hubcap using these awesome applicators that I bought from Gina K! Let me tell you I have used crystal effects more since I got these applicators a couple weeks ago than I have since I bought the cyrstal effects 3 or 4 years ago! They are awesome. I then added some star dust stickles to add a little whimsy.

Love it!

Stamps: LoveBeetle Huggabug and Lovey Huggabug from Stamping Bella
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White card stock, Chocolate Chip, patterned paper form the October Afternoon Detour collection
Accessories: Dimensionals, Crystal Effects, Star Dust Stickles
Tools: Copics, Classic Rectangle & Class Circle nestabilities from Spellbinders

2 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

This is so cute!! I LOVE your paper patterns and color schemes! It just looks so FUN!

Basement Stamper said...

Great image and love that paper! I need to branch out from my Basic Grey addiction and buy some others.