Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Bridal Shower

I went to a bridal shower on Saturday for one of our close friends. Her family owns a cottage in the Catskills where they spend a lot of time in the summer, so I wanted to make an earthy but still elegant card.

When I placed my last Stampin' Up! order as a demonstrator, I ordered the Wonderful You stamp set with its matching wheel because it was on sale and because I've loved the images since the catalog came out in January. I figured it would be perfect for this card!

For simple elegance, I turned to Natasha Trupp's new blog, clean & simple stamping and used the Fall to Layout #4. Natasha has been posting great tips on making simple but still wow cards.

I've used several of her tips here -- starting with texture. The card base is a textured white card stock that I purchased many years ago at a scrapbook store. Then I rolled the Stems & Silhouettes wheel with white ink on a piece of river rock cardstock. On top of that is a piece of Suede Brown Dark Prism card stock that I stamped the open leaves from Wonderful You in VersaMark ink. The Prism paper has a wonderful leather texture to it. I got the suede brown pack from Cornish Heritage farms to try it out and I'm in love! Finally I stamped the flowers on whisper white cardstock and watercolored them with river rock ink. I tried leaving some white space in the petals when I watercolored and I really love the look. Then I cut them out and rolled the petals around a pencil to give them shape.

I am tickled with how this card came out.

Stamps: Wonderful You, Stems & Silhouettes Jumbo Wheel, Sentiment from A Muse
Ink: River Rock, Brilliance Moonlight White, Burnt Umber Palette Hybrid Ink, Versamark
Card stock: Textured White,
River Rock, Suede Brown Dark Prism Cardstock, Whisper White
Accessories: Antique Brass Hodge Podge Hardware, Stampin' Dimensionals
Tools: Paper Piercer, Pencil

1 comment:

Natasha said...

This is absolutely stunning!!! Love all the texture on here and the 2 cut out flowers! Gorgeous!