Thursday, November 30, 2006

Odd Combination


This card didn't turn out the way I was planning at all! In my head, it was pretty in pink and barely banana -- kind of soft and flowy. Somewhere along the way though, it took a surprising turn to rose red and vintage violet -- much more elegant than I envisioned. I'm not really sure where the colors came from. I just pulled them out and gave it a shot. After all, it's just paper right?

The layout is from sketch challenge 84 at splitcoast stampers. I especially loved the way that Trudee used organdy ribbon in her Marigold Petals card here.

This card features another way to use watercolor wonder crayons with watercolor paper. Instead of using the direct to rubber technique that I used for this card, I stamped the flowers and butterfly with Timber Brown Stazon ink on the watercolor paper. Then with my aquapainter, I picked up color from the bottom of my crayons and colored in the images. By using watercolor paper, I had more time to blend colors than I would have with cardstock.

Finally I stamped both the vintage violet and rose red layers with the Fine Lace background stamp to soften the layers.

Stamps: Butterfly of Happiness, Fine Lace Background Stamp
Ink: Rose Red, Vintage Violet, Timber Brown Stazon
Cardstock:
Rose Red, Vintage Violet, Chocolate Chip, Watercolor Paper
Accessories: Ivory Narrow Organdy Ribbon, Watercolor Wonder Crayons (Regal Rose, Elegant Eggplant, So Saffron), Snail Adhesive, Aquapainter

No comments: