Monday, November 27, 2006

Happiness is...


I love butterflies. I think I might own all of the butterfly stamps in the Stampin' Up! catalog. So, when I got my Winter mini catalog in the mail and saw the Butterflies of Happiness set, I had to add it to my first order.

To get a soft watercolored look, I colored directly on the butterfly stamp with my watercolor wonder crayons. Then I sprayed the watercolor paper with water and stamped. This is my favorite way to use the watercolor wonder crayons.

Every layer of this card was stamped with the linen background stamp to soften it a little. I also used the cutter kit to rough up the layer behind the butterfly. I think this adds a whispy and airy element that looked perfect. To just stamp the word "Happiness", I inked up the single word with my basic black marker.

The layout is from sketch challenge 86 at splitcoast stampers.

Stamps: Butterfly of Happiness, Linen Background Stamp
Ink: Ballet Blue, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana
Markers: Basic Black
Cardstock:
Ballet Blue, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, Watercolor Paper
Accessories: Light Blue Gingham Ribbon, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Snail Adhesive, Cutter Kit

No comments: