Monday, October 20, 2008

Halloween

I signed up for the Halloween card challenge on the SSUS group only to realize that all of my Stampin' Up! Halloween sets are retired. Luckily for me, my partner was okay with my using contraband. So, that gave me the perfect opportunity to pull out my new Doodle Factory Halloween II stamps! I just love this line of stamps and really need to use them more.

I used a sketch from Lauren Meader this time. It's My Time's Saturday Sketch #06. I moved the scalloped edge to the right side so it could be the edge of my card, but that was the only change that I made. The card is 4.5" square.

I started by brayering a piece of glossy cardstock with the retired Pumpkin Patch spectrum pad and when that was dry, I stamped the haunted house on the background with Palette Noir ink. This gave me the railings for the house since they were too fiddly to cut out.

Then I embossed the haunted house on glossy cardstock twice and colored it in with my Stampin' Up! markers (Perfect Plum, Going Gray, Always Artichoke, So Saffron and Basic Black.) I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but I cut the house and moon out and popped them up with dimensionals. Then from the second image, I cut out the bushes and popped them up again. This gave it a pretty cool 3-d look. The ghost was also cut out, but I glued him flat on the background.

Since this is supposed to be a Wow! card, I decided it wasn't sparkly enough. So, the black layer is completely covered in Martha Stewart black glitter. It is really stunning in person. The spider web is flocked with Panda Black flock as well.

I really loved this card when it was all done. I hope my partner likes it too!

Stamps: Doodle Factory Graveyard Shift and Witch's Brew sets from Starving Artistamps
Ink: Palette Noir, VersaMark
Paper: PaperTrey white
cardstock, Basic Black, Perfect Plum, Glossy White
Accessories: Black Panda Flock from Stampendous, Black glitter from Martha Stewart, Black embossing powder and Heat & Stick Powder from Stampin' Up, Dimensionals
Tools: Brayer, Heat Tool, Paper Snips, Retired large corner rounder from Stampin' Up!

4 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

OH MY! I totally love it! your coloring just rocks that image. A real WOW! Thanks for playing along :D

Basement Stamper said...

Stefanie: Great to see you creating!!! This card is adorable and I love those stamps. Your partner will love it!

Lisa Somerville said...

Love it Stef - those colors really pop!

Donna Baker said...

what a cute card! love your brayered background!