Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Baptism Thanks

The baby's baptism was 3 weeks ago now, so I needed to get my act together and make some more thank you notes. For mother's day weekend I asked for some stamping time and I was actually able to make 25 thank you cards in one sitting! It really felt good to start and finish a project on the same day.

I loved Beate's Weekend Sketch #47 this week. It was simple but eye-catching and just perfect for mass producing 25 thank you cards. I did tweak the oval position a little bit because my oval ended up being too small. It looked out of balance on my card, so I moved it over a little. I want to try the sketch again with the proper oval placement though. I can see myself coming back to this one over and over!

When I make thank you notes, they are almost always 3.5 x 5" instead of the standard 4.25 x 5.5". I always feel like I need to fill the inside with my thank you note, so smaller is better. ;) I try to keep a package of small note cards with envelopes around just for this purpose. It really does speed up the process.

The patterned paper I used is long retired from Stampin' Up! which is a shame because I am loving the colors in it. The little feet are from a Studio G dollar stamp set that I picked up a while back at Michaels. Gotta love that price!

These are definitely my favorite of all the baby thank yous I've made this year. I hope you like them too.

Stamps: Baby set from Studio G, sentiment from A Muse
Ink: Palette Noir black ink, Bashful Blue
Paper: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, retired designer paper from Stampin' Up!

Accessories: Bashful Blue taffeta ribbon
Tools: Extra Jumbo
Scallop oval punch from Marvy Uchida


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stefanie, your thank you card is adorable! I love it!
Hugs and smiles

Basement Stamper said...

Love this card, and I'm a big fan of that retired paper too. I love the blue hues in it!

Barbara said...

Cute card! I love it, too!! So sweet with the little feet.

rozie640 said...

Very sweet little momma. I am so tickled I got to meet little Noah and see you again! I feel like an Auntie!

Unique Gowns said...

I love the card with the little feet.


http://uniquechristeninggowns.blogspot.com/