Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fall Wedding

The last wedding we went to was the last weekend of September up in the Catskill mountains in New York. We were expecting a beautiful fall weekend with the foliage nearing its peak, but instead we got tons of rain! Luckily it did stop for the wedding itself, but there was lots of mud to clean up when we got home.

Given the destination of the wedding, I wanted my card to have a woodsy / fall feel.

So, I chose Always Artichoke, Copper, Vanilla and Chocolate Chip as my color scheme. I first stamped the leaves with VersaMark ink on glossy cardstock and let them dry. Then I brayered the artichoke ink over top. I love the results of this technique. It looks so slick. Finally, I stamped the leaves' outlines with VersaMark and embossed them with copper embossing powder. I also had to sand the hodge podge hardware to reveal the true copper color instead of the brownish patina that it had out of the box.

The layout is from the Fall to Layout #11 from the Clean & Simple blog. I really love these layouts. They are so easy to adapt.

I love how this card turned out as well. So what do you think? All three cards look completely different, but I think they matched the various couples well.

Now that I'm all caught up, I can tell you about my sewing/stamping project that I've been working on for the past week. Stay tuned for more!

Stamps: Lovely Leaves from Stampin' Up! (retired), sentiment by A Muse
Ink: VersaMark, Always Artichoke
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Copper, Very Vanilla, Glossy White all from Stampin' Up!

Accessories: May Arts ribbon, Copper Hodge Podge Hardware, Dimensionals
Tools: Plain circle Nestabilities by Spellbinders, Brayer

No comments: