Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Last Convention Card

Well, my swaps are all done and I'm flying out to Denver this afternoon. It's a good feeling because now it's all going to be fun, fun, fun! No more worrying about finishing on time!

This is my second card for the SSUS group swap at convention. It was supposed to be my "easy" swap since the All in the Family one was a bit time consuming. I have to chuckle now because while it might not look like much, this card was not a quick and easy card. At least not when you are making 30 of them.

This is a standard trifold card. The front of the old olive card base is cut about 2 inches short. I then took a piece of whisper white and made a scalloped border using the new 3/16" corner rounder. I like the smaller scallop that it produces compared to the old small corner rounder. It's more delicate looking.

Then I just topped the front off with a piece from the Petals & Paisley designer paper. I still had a ton from the Spring Mini catalog, so I figured it would be good to stop hoarding it. Finally I stamped the sentiment on the so saffron piece. This strip is actually 11" long and goes all the way across the inside of the card. I thought it looked weird to have it end 3" in. The saffron was still getting a little lost on the darker colors so I cut a piece of whisper white to mount behind the flap. I think this makes it pop quite nicely.

Finally, I added some dazzling diamonds glitter with my two-way glue pen. It was the perfect finishing touch!

Because I didn't have enough sheets of this particular pattern to make all 30 cards, I have 3 different versions. I've attached smaller thumbnails below. You can click them to make them larger.

My next post will be from convention!

Stamps: Wonderful Favorites
Ink: More Mustard
Card stock: Whisper White, So Saffron, Old Olive, Petals & Paisley Designer Paper
Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds Glitter

Tools: 3/16" corner rounder punch, Two-way glue pen

3 comments:

rozie640 said...

Very cute Stefanie!! I'll be seeing you in a few hours and receiving my swaps from you, yahoo!!!

Lori Barnett said...

These are CUTE! I can't wait to get that stamp set -- it's on my HUGE wish list :)

Anonymous said...

Another awesome convention swa!