Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Awning Pocket Note


I'm in love with all of the scalloped borders that are so in style right now. Before the holidays I bought several of the Marvy Uchida scalloped punches, but I haven't used them yet. Instead, I've been flipping my Stampin' Up! Slit Punch upside down to make a cute scalloped border. This is all the rage right now on splitcoast stampers, but in case you haven't tried it, here's the quick directions. Hold the punch upside down so you can see where it's going to punch. Then punch across in a straight line so that each slit starts right after the previous one ended. When you've done the entire piece of card stock, the two halves will separate and you'll be left with a scalloped border and a reverse scalloped border. Pretty neat, huh?

In this card, I thought the scalloped border with the Caribbean Cool ric rac looked like an awning to a cute candy shop.

I'm also loving the Loves Me Designer Paper and Flirty Ribbon Originals from the Winter Mini Catalog. They coordinate so well together and the colors are so bright and happy!

Stamps: So Very, Everyday Flexible Phrases
Ink: Taken with Teal, Chocolate Chip
Card stock: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink Pocket Notes, Loves Me Designer Paper
Accessories: Flirty Ribbon Originals
Tools: Paper Snips, Stampin' Dimensionals, Slit Punch

No comments: