Friday, March 20, 2009

Trendy Trees

This week's challenge on SSUS was to use mytime's Saturday Sketch #19. I also needed to make 2 masculine birthday cards last weekend. So, I decided to save time and use the same design.

The birthday card I made is on the left. I just love this cute Trendy Trees stamp set. I love this version. The colors are funky and the design is clean and crisp.

In order to fit the SSUS challenge, I had to make a couple of tweaks. First, all supplies needed to be current and from Stampin' Up! So, I used one of the sentiments from the stamp set and changed the ribbon color since this green is retired. The other change is that the SSUS group requires all cards to have two full layers. So, I put the chocolate card front on a green galore card. This is maybe a bit too bright, but whisper white is too flimsy and I couldn't figure out a better option. Finally, I added a button from the Latte buttons in the new catalog. I just can't get enough of them!

So, which version do you like better?

Stamps: Trendy Trees from Stampin' Up!, birthday sentiment from A Muse
Ink: Green Galore, Chocolate Chip
Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Green Galore, Brocade Blue

Accessories: Dimensionals, Apple green grosgrain ribbon, Pumpkin grosgrain ribbon, Latte Buttons, Linen Thread
Tools: 1 3/8" circle punch

1 comment:

Basement Stamper said...

I like both of them! Both different in a subtle way. Like the colors too!