Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Leftovers

This was going to be the second make-n-take at my workshop over the weekend, but it didn't end up happening. It was really hot, we started late and I didn't want to be there all day. So, we only did one card.

It's actually pretty good because now I can whip up these cards pretty quickly since everything is already cut and prepped. As a non-workshop card though, I think I'll need to step it up a little. Maybe some ribbon or something? Any suggestions?

This card once again uses Cindy Lyles' layout from her butterfly kisses card. I also can't seem to use this layout with glittering my patterned paper. It's so easy and I think it really pretties up the Prints series of papers.

To tie the sparkle in to the focal point, I stamped the swirl with VersaMark and used heat & stick powder to adhere the Dazzling Diamonds glitter. It sparkles much more than using Iridescent Ice embossing powder, so I think it's worth the extra step.

I ordered Priceless after seeing all of the beautiful cards on splitcoast using this set. Lori Craig in particular pushed me off the fence. Thanks Lori!

I didn't forget about the journal tutorial. It's still coming. I just need to resize all of the pictures.

Stamps: Priceless
Ink: Taken with Teal, VersaMark
Card stock: Lavender Lace, Whisper White, Basic Black, Soft Sky Prints Designer Paper
Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Pop-up glue dots, Heat & Stick Powder
Tools: Two-way glue pen

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't you so sweet! I am glad you like Priceless! I think it is an amazing set. The flourishes are just the right size for me, and I love the images that you get. Your card is beautiful! I love the crisp, clean layout!

rozie640 said...

Very sweet card, the glitter is definitely dazzling!

Jess said...

awesome card!

Lori Barnett said...

Love it!! Especially the sparkles!!

Barbara said...

What a wonderful card! I like it just the way it is!! You truly have inspired me with all your glittered background paper!!

Anonymous said...

I guess you're "passing it forward"! *wink* What? The "need" for Priceless! This is such a beauty!

~Bev