Monday, August 13, 2007

Glimpse of Fall

I designed this card on Friday for a workshop that I had this weekend. They wanted to learn how to emboss and Friday was a cold (60s) and rainy day, so I thought "why not make a fall card?" Of course, I felt a little silly on Sunday showing off this pumpkin card when it was almost 90 degrees out. They still enjoyed it though. ;)

The pumpkin was embossed with black embossing powder and then watercolored with the watercolor crayons.

The layout is from a shade of blue's sketch challenge 81. It really caught my eye and is the perfect layout to showcase the stamps from Year after Year.

This was the first time I've used my brand new crop-a-dile. I fell in love with this tool at convention, so it was on my first order after I got home. For this card, we used it to punch the holes and silently set the eyelets. It felt a little awkward at first, but I love it now! No more hammering for me.

For the background, we stamped the Flannel Plaid stamp in Always Artichoke ink on an Always Artichoke card base. The Pumpkin Pie layer was roughened up with direct to paper technique.

That's it for today. Check back tomorrow for a little tutorial on covering the On Board chipboard journal!

Stamps: Year after Year, Flannel Plaid
Ink: Versamark, Always Artichoke, Pumpkin Pie
Paper:
Always Artichoke, Pumpkin Pie, Confetti White, River Rock
Accessories: Black grosgrain ribbon, Black eyelets
Tools: Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Aquapainter, Crop-a-dile, Paper snips

No comments: