Thursday, June 07, 2007

Forgotten Treasure


This week's SSUS card challenge was to use a forgotten treasure embellishment like buttons or magic mesh. I can never figure out how to use buttons, so I pulled out the magic mesh. And what better set to pair with magic mesh than Crab & Company? I always think of nautical type images with magic mesh. Maybe it just reminds me of fish nets.

Anyway, I cut out the yellow circles with my coluzzle and then applied the magic mesh. Because the magic mesh is self-adhesive, if you pour glitter on top then it will stick. Pretty cool, isn't it?

After I stamped the crab & packages, I masked off the packages and overstamped with the speckled stamp from Itty Bitty Backgrounds to make the sand match. I also masked off the eyes on the crab before stamping his party hat. I think it's worth the extra work to mask as opposed to sticking the hat above his eyes.

The layout is from A Shade Of Blue's sketch challenge 22.

Stamps: Crab & Company
Ink: Palette Noir Black Ink, Real Red, Yo yo Yellow, Brilliant Blue, Glorious Green
Card stock: Whisper White,
Real Red, Yo yo Yellow, Brilliant Blue, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Magic Mesh, Stampin' Dimensionals, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
Tools: Aquapainter, Two-way glue pen


1 comment:

Kristine said...

Awe...so fun! Love all the extra elements you put into this. Haven't thought use magic mesh in a long time. He's so cute!! :)