Sunday, April 15, 2007

Rain on your wedding day...

They say it's good luck to have rain on your wedding day. I think "they" are just trying to make you feel better. Today, we went to our friend Chris' wedding and let's just say that he and his bride, Meghan, were blessed with tons and tons of luck. Some guests missed the ceremony due to flooded roads. We almost had problems getting home. It's weird when roads you normally drive on suddenly turn into rivers.

All that is to say that today we went to a wedding. While I was in the shower this morning, I realized that I forgot to make a card. So, I pulled out an elegant Fabriano Medioevalis card and stamped this beautiful wedding dress stamp from PSX Stamps. This was one of the first stamps I ever purchased. Isn't it so elegant? I then watercolored with my watercolor wonder crayons and an aquapainter. It's hard to see in the picture, but I colored the dress white and the flowers on the dress vanilla. I also outlined the dress with bordering blue to make the white dress pop more. This is a trick I learned from Julie Ebersole. Finally, I added a little glitz with my Sakura Stardust pen. It still wasn't quite finished, so I added organdy ribbon and silver cord from Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Wedding Dress stamp from PSX
Ink: Palette Hybrid Noir Black
Card stock:
Fabriano Medioevalis folded card
Tools: Stardust Clear Gelly Roll Pen, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Aquapainter
Accessories: Blue narrow organdy ribbon & silver cord from Stampin' Up!




No comments: