Monday, April 02, 2007

Earthy Flowers

At my cape cod stamping weekend, I stamped a bunch of bellas on some Fabriano Medioevalis reply note cards. I got inky fingerprints on some of them, so I cut them down to layer onto a regular card. I water colored flowahbella with my watercolor wonder crayons and an aqua painter. Then when she dried, I added some glitter highlights with Maria's Stardust Gelly Roll pen which you can get from Cindy Lyles' eBay store. I also colored in her mouth with my white glaze pen gelly roll pen.

I CASEd the layout of this card from Candy Williams. I've been saving this card of Candy's for a while just waiting for the perfect image to come along. I thought flowahbella fit the bill nicely.

This card also helps fulfill a challenge issued after our cape cod weekend because I used something that I purchased that weekend -- the EK Success photo corner punch. I know, I know. I could have just made the photo corner with my square punches or with my tag punch. But you know what? This was so much easier! And I actually have a photo corner on the card. Even though I've known how to make photo corners with my square punches since convention last July, I haven't actually done it yet. So if the corner punch makes it more convenient, then let me be. I'm thrilled with the result. ;)

Stamps: Flowahbella, Fancy Flexible Phrases
Ink: Palette Hybrid Noir Black
Card stock: Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, Fabriano Medioevalis scraps
Tools: Cuttlebug Bloom Dots Embossing Folder, Word Window Punch, Photo Corner Punch, White Glaze Gelly Roll Pen, Stardust Clear Gelly Roll Pen, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Aqua painter

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

Loving this bella...great colors and embellishments!