Monday, January 12, 2009

Pink Cat Challenge

I am so excited about the upcoming Lily & Billy Sweethearts set from Pink Cat Studio. To celebrate, Melissa had a contest. She gave us this sweet little Lily fairy as a pdf file so we could print it out and make a card.

For my card, I wanted to have Lily the fairy grant the frog his wish of becoming a prince. I just love the way the frog is holding his scepter. To attach the crown to the metal frame, I used some Tombow Metal glue. It worked perfectly!

This Howdy paper from American Crafts was the perfect match for my little fairy tale setting.

To make Lily, I printed the Lily image out twice, once on Whisper White cardstock and once on Vellum cardstock. While the ink was still wet on the Vellum cardstock, I sprinkled it with Iridescent Ice embossing powder and embossed it. Then I cut the wing section out of the vellum to give them a more delicate look. As a finishing touch, I blinged it up with some stickles icicles.

Don't forget to check back on the Pink Cat Studio blog for the official release on January 15!

Stamps: Dress Up Billy & Billy Plate 1 from Pink Cat Studios, Fairytale sentiments from Starvingartistamps
Ink: Palette Noir
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Vellum Cardstock from Stampin' Up!, Howdy from American Crafts
Accessories: Ribbon from May Arts, Pewter Hodge Podge Hardware, Dimensionals, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Icicle Stickles
Tools: Koh-i-noor pencils, Gamsol

No comments: