Sunday, April 06, 2008

Happy Nap!

Nap time is great! Now that the kid is taking longer naps during the day, I have a little more free time. And since this is my last week of maternity leave, I'm really going to try to make the most of it!

I fell in love with this whimsical scene from Stamping Bella a few months ago and had to add it to my next order. Everything about this scene, from the cute little birds to the lollipop trees, makes me happy!

I stamped the image on Papertrey Ink's white card stock with Palette Noir ink and then colored it in with my watercolor wonder crayons and an aquapainter. I pulled the color scheme (orchid opulence, yo yo yellow, green galore and tempting turquoise) from the retired sweet designer paper from Stampin' Up! I originally planned to use several different patterns from the pack, but in the end it looked too busy to me. Bold Brights are not my go to color family, so I decided that less was more for this card.

Stamps: happy forest from Stamping Bella, sentiment from A Muse
Ink: Palette Noir Hybrid Ink
Paper:
Papertrey Ink White card stock, Orchid Opulence, sweet Patterned paper from Stampin' Up!
Accessories: Yo yo yellow grosgrain ribbon
Tools: Aquapainter, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Classic & Scalloped Rectangle Nestabilities from Spellbinders

No comments: